Made with spinach, ground turkey, and spinach, this easy turkey burger recipe is also healthy and delicious! Kids love them!
Say 'hello' to your newest favorite quick and healthy dinner option!
These really are the BEST turkey burgers! The amazing flavors and textures of the ingredients blend together just perfectly!
Have you heard the saying "everything is betta with feta"? Haha! With this recipe, it's true! Your kids will love them!
About this recipe
It's no secret that most kids love 'burgers'. And, these turkey burgers are no exception!
- These easy turkey burgers can be cooked in a skillet on the stovetop or on the grill.
- The flavor of feta does not stand out in this recipe, so even if you and/or your kids don't love feta, you should still try these!
- These turkey burgers are easy to reheat as leftovers.
- To pack these in school lunches, simply reheat a turkey burger in the morning and put it in a thermos. Pack a burger roll separately, and their 'main' meal is set.
- Ground turkey Good source of protein. 99% lean ground turkey is technically the "healthiest" option. Although less 'lean' ground turkey is higher in saturated fat, it is usually less expensive and it adds more moisture to the burgers. The choice is yours.
- Spinach Cooked and drained. Spinach adds a nice color to the burger and it also gives you an extra dose of iron, vitamin A, vitamin E, zinc and fiber.
- Feta Cheese I suggest buying a block of feta to use in this recipe.
- Egg White Good source of protein. Egg helps bind these burgers together.
- Worcestershire Sauce Added for flavor.
- Garlic Powder Added for flavor.
Steps to make these easy turkey burgers
Here’s a quick overview of the steps to make these easy turkey burgers. For the full list of ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe.
- Add all Ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Forming the burgers
Next, pack turkey mixture in to a measuring cup to form the burger patties (one third of a cup of mixture makes a good sized burger for kids).
- Cooking the turkey burgers
Cook the burgers on a flat pan on the stove top or place on a grill pan to cook on a grill.
Sprinkle the top of each patty with garlic powder and cook for ~ 4 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
notes and tips
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the burgers and heat setting of your stove top.
- When doubling the recipe, you can use one whole egg instead of two egg whites, for less waste.
- The quickest, most simple and effective way I have found to get water out of cooked spinach is to use a small mesh strainer - you simply put the cooked spinach in the mesh strainer and press down with a fork or spoon. That's it!
- I do not recommend using feta crumbles because they won't blend in quite as well.
- Blocks of feta typically have a longer shelf life and offer fewer ingredients than the crumbles - just a few added benefits of using blocked feta!
- In general, feta cheese is lower in saturated fat than American and Cheddar cheeses.
Easy Turkey Burger Recipe
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 pound ground turkey lean
- 4 ounces feta cheese do not use pre-crumbled feta
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce one splash
- ¼ tso Garlic powder
- Cook or steam spinach until wilted. Squeeze the spinach dry, or use a small mesh strainer to get the excess water out.
- Put the cooked spinach, ground turkey, feta cheese, egg white, and a splash or two of Worcestershire sauce in a medium mixing bowl and mix/mash well. A meat or potato masher works well for this step.
- Put ⅓ packed cup of the meat mixture on a hot and lightly oiled pan. Dust the top of the burger with garlic powder and cook for 4 minutes.
- Using a small spatula, flip the burger over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165° F.