This is the easiest and best 4-ingredient kid's guacamole recipe you will find! It takes less than ten minutes to make and it does not contain spicy ingredients, so the kids will not be able to get enough! Whip it up for a healthy after school snack... or, any time really!
This easy homemade guacamole pairs amazingly well with pretty much anything! Serve it with marinated chicken, enchiladas, beans and rice or turkey burgers! This super easy guacamole even makes an amazing appetizer on 'game day'. It will not disappoint!
About This Kid's Guacamole Recipe
This 4-ingredient guacamole is made with easy to find ingredients, can be made year-round, and can be made in less than ten minutes. Does it get any better?
The first time I made guacamole I used all of the 'typical' ingredients. It was time-consuming, to say the least. And, while diced onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and/or jalapeno can most definitely be added, it's really not necessary! I mean, why complicate things when you don't have to?
- Serve this guacamole with dinner, or send it as a side in school lunches.
- When your nieces and nephews are over, serve it.
- Serve it when your kids have friends over.
- When you go to picnics, bring it.
- It's healthy + kids love it = serve it often.
Did you catch that it only takes ten minutes (or less), from start to finish? Amazing!
- Avocados Avocados are full of monounsaturated fats, fiber, and various vitamins and minerals. Read more about monounsaturated fats from the American Heart Association.
- Lime juice Use fresh squeezed lime juice, as in squeeze the juice from one lime. Lime is high in vitamin C.
- Garlic Use fresh garlic (not jarred). Garlic is considered a vegetable, offers a variety of vitamins and minerals, and has many health claims. Read more about garlic from Food & Nutrition.
- Salt Added for flavor. Sea salt contains slightly less sodium per teaspoon than traditional table salt. Either can be used for this recipe - you decide!
Why Kids Love This Recipe
This is a more mild guacamole recipe. It doesn't contain any jalapenos or raw onions which makes it more friendly towards kids, who usually have simpler pallets. Kids love a good dip, whether dipping tortilla chips or veggies!
How To Make This 4-ingredient Guacamole
This guacamole is made by mashing avocado, fresh lime juice, fresh garlic, and salt together until the desired consistency is reached. That's it! It's so easy!
For a complete list of ingredients and full instructions, scroll down to the bottom for the recipe.
Notes and Tips
- Buy avocados that are ripe (tender to the touch but not mushy) if you will be using them within a day or two.
- If you are buying avocados in advance, buy unripe avocados (hard to the touch) and let them sit out on a counter to ripen. Place them in a paper bag first to speed up the ripening process.
- Check on avocados daily to be sure they don't get over-ripe.
- Use a citrus juicer to get the most juice out of a lime.
- A garlic press to mince garlic saves time and helps to achieve a perfect consistency.
- Use a meat or potato masher to mash all ingredients together. Alternately, a fork can be used.
- If your kids aren't used to heavily seasoned foods, consider using one clove of garlic or leave the garlic out altogether the first time you make this recipe.
- Start by using ½ teaspoon of salt. After mixing in ½ teaspoon of salt, taste it. If you love it, great! If it could use more salt, add more. You really shouldn't need to add more than a total of ¾ teaspoon of salt.
- If your kiddo has been told to follow a low-salt diet, simply reduce the amount of salt added.
Other Great Kid-Friendly Snacks
Did you try this kid-friendly guacamole? Tell me how it went! Leave a comment below.
Follow me on Pinterest for more healthy, kid-friendly recipes and meal inspiration!
- 3 avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 lime Juiced about 2 tablespoons
- ½ tsp salt may need up to an additional quarter teaspoon of salt, to taste
- Place flesh of three avocados in a medium-sized mixing bowl
- Add minced garlic and lime juice to the avocados
- Mash avocado, garlic, and lime well with a fork or food masher for about one minute (this will take longer if using a fork), until it reaches your desired consistency
- Add ½-¾ teaspoon of salt and mix well. Taste it. *If you think it needs more salt, add up to an additional ¼ teaspoon more salt, to taste.
- Mix well. It's ready to serve!