In just ten minutes, you will have a kid-favorite veggie side dish ready to be devoured. All it takes is a touch of parmesan to get kids hooked on broccoli!
And, just like that you've got a delicious side that the whole family will love!
In fact, I actually just air fried a batch and have it sitting out on my counter for when my kids walk in the door - I'm pretty sure it won't last until dinner!
Now, if you don't have an air fryer, no problem! You can get very similar results by roasting broccoli in the oven - it will just take longer. With my air fryer, I can have this broccoli parmesan ready in about the time it takes my oven to heat up.
I've had my Cuisinart Digital AirFryer Toaster Oven now for one year and I'm using it just as much now as when I bought it - I highly recommend it! It works like a very small convection oven, which is how it's able to cook food so much faster than a traditional oven.
Why This Recipe is so Great
- Cooks quicker than when using a traditional oven.
- Air-frying broccoli gives broccoli a texture that kids love.
- Calls for much less parmesan than most other recipes.
- If your kids are old enough to use an air fryer, they can make this recipe! It's easy!
- Pre-packaged broccoli florets can be used to save even more time.
- Leftovers can be used in other dishes, like grain bowls, quiche, or omelets.
- Broccoli A cruciferous vegetable that contains strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Parmesan cheese Adds a unique and salty flavor that kids love.
- Extra virgin olive oil Contains healthy fats.
Here's a quick overview of the steps to make broccoli parmesan in an air fryer. For the full list of ingredients and specific instructions, scroll down to the recipe.
- Prepare the broccoli: cut the broccoli into florets. Rinse with water and drain.
- Drizzle broccoli florets with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Spread florets out evenly in a single layer on an air fryer rack fit for your air fryer.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the tops of the broccoli florets.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the tops of the broccoli florets.
- Air fry at 375 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Cut the medium-sized florets in half lengthwise so they are all similar in size. For the larger florets, either quarter them lengthwise or cut more of the stem off so the broccoli will be broken down into smaller pieces.
- Give the broccoli a minute or two to drain so that minimal water remains.
- Alternately, you can place all ingredients in a bowl, mix with tongs, and then spread evenly in a single layer.
- Place your air fryer rack on your drip pan when drizzling the olive oil. The drip pan can go right into the dishwasher (as long as it's dishwasher safe).
- Larger pieces of broccoli will take longer to cook.
- The tops of the broccoli should be browned, but not burnt.
- For even more parmesan flavor, sprinkle a little more on the roasted broccoli immediately after taking it out of the air fryer.
- Leftovers can easily be reheated in the air fryer. Simply put the broccoli back in the oven for one to two minutes, being sure not to cook them too long to prevent them from burning.
- If you have a child with a milk allergy, simply leave the parmesan cheese out. It will no longer be called broccoli parmesan, but it will still taste great!
- I use a Cuisinart Digital AirFryer Toaster Oven. Different air fryers may require small adjustments in temperature and/or cook time.
Broccoli parmesan can be served as a side to almost any meal. Serve it alongside chicken nuggets, grilled chicken, salmon, or even a sandwich.
Cauliflower! Follow the same instructions using cauliflower, except you may need to air fry it for an additional one to two minutes.
Leftover air-fried broccoli can easily be added to omelets, a stir-fry, grain bowls, and soups.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Did your kids love this parmesan broccoli? Please leave a 5-star rating below or a review in the comments section!
Don't forget to snap a pic of their beautiful broccoli side dish and tag @carrots.and.cookies on Instagram so I can see it. Enjoy!
Super Easy Broccoli Parmesan (Air Fryer)
- 3 cups broccoli florets From about one large or two small heads of broccoli. Pre-packaged broccoli florets can be used instead.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon pamesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Cut broccoli into small florets.
- Rinse and drain broccoli florets. Let dry for at least one to two minutes.
- Place air fryer rack on top of the drip pan. Spread broccoli out in a single layer on the air fryer rack.
- Drizzle olive oil on broccoli and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the broccoli florets.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on the broccoli florets.
- Place the air fryer rack in the air fryer and air fry at 375°F for 7 minutes.