This ridiculously easy and healthier strawberry cream cheese dip calls for just 3 ingredients and is ready in 5 minutes. Serve it as a dip for fresh fruit, veggies, crackers, and pretzels. Or use it as a spread to top a piece of toast for an easy breakfast for kids. Yum!
Have you ever bought tons of strawberries from a roadside stand when they are in season only to bring them home and have no idea what you are going to do with all of them? Lol this is me pretty much every Spring.
Thankfully, over the years I've figured out that strawberries taste good with pretty much anything. Believe it or not, I've combined strawberries with asparagus, used them to make a berry crumble, and even made a strawberry salad dressing.
Now, back to this dip. Simply put, it helps level up whatever you or your kids decide to dip into it. And, if you are really up for a little laugh with your kids, make snack time fun by singing, "when I dip, you dip, we dip" as you serve this! You'll just want to leave out the rest of the song😆
Seriously, though, this dip is so good that my youngest prefers to have this served with a spoon. Not kidding! Can't wait for you to try it!
Why This Recipe is so Great
Treat your kids with this strawberry cream cheese dip. They will never know it only took you five minutes to make! This is a perfect way to change up their snacks and meals!
- Three Ingredients.
- Easy recipe that takes just five minutes.
- It's a delicious dip that kids love.
- Fresh Strawberries Naturally sweet, these pretty, heart-shaped berries are high in vitamin C, antioxidants, vitamins, manganese, folate, fiber, and more.
- Strawberry Fruit spread Used to add natural sweetness and smooth out the texture. Using fruit-based fruit spread with little added sugar will minimize added sugars. I use Small Batch Kitchen's Balsamic Strawberry Fruit Spread (not sponsored, it's just really good!) or Trader Joe's Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread in this recipe.
- Cream Cheese Used for flavor and texture. Less-fat cream cheese and Neufchatel cheese are lower in saturated fat than regular cream cheese. All three options work well in this recipe. And, cream cheese offers about one gram of protein per tablespoon.
Here's a quick overview of how to make this delicious dip. For the full list of ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe.
- Using a food processor, simply blend the strawberry fruit spread, cream cheese and strawberries together.
That's it! I mean, how much easier can it get?!
- Serve this delicious dip with apple slices, strawberries, jicama sticks, cheese sticks, carrot sticks, or pretzels for dipping.
- Make mini 'tea sandwiches' for your kids by spreading a thin layer of this yummy dip on a piece of whole grain bread. Sandwich it with a layer of thinly sliced strawberries or banana and a sprinkle with hemp hearts. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces.
- Let this dip serve as a strawberry cream cheese spread and top a piece of whole grain toast with it for breakfast.
- Top graham cracker squares with this dip and serve it as a simple dessert.
- Give your kids some 'power' by asking them what they'd like to dip in it!
- To increase the sweetness of this recipe, add more fruit spread, not more strawberries. Adding more strawberries will water down the dip.
- To get chunks of strawberry in the dip, wait to add the strawberries. Once the cream cheese and fruit spread are blended well, add the strawberries. Then, pulse until desired consistency is reached.
Yes, as long as your kids won't mind a thinner dip.
Yes, absolutely. The biggest difference between jams, jellies, and preserves is how much fruit is used to process it. Using a thinner jam (like freezer jam) will produce a thinner dip.
Use what you have (and what your kids enjoy).
More Strawberry Recipes
Did your kids love this delicious strawberry cream cheese dip? Please leave a 5-star rating below or a review in the comments section!
Don't forget to snap a pic of their delicious dip and tag @carrots.and.cookies on Instagram so I can see it. Enjoy!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Dip
- 4 oz cream cheese Softened to room temperature. See notes.
- 3 tablespoon strawberry fruit spread See notes.
- 5 strawberries, fresh About half of a cup, washed. Stems removed.
- Cut cream cheese into four pieces.
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processer until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated. Use within 3-4 days.