This ridiculously easy and healthier strawberry cream cheese recipe calls for just three ingredients and is ready in five minutes. Serve it as a strawberry cream cheese dip for fresh fruit, veggies, crackers, or pretzels. Or, use it as a spread to top a piece of toast for an easy breakfast for kids. Yum!
Make snack time fun. Try singing, "when I dip, you dip, we dip" as you serve this! Definitely leave out the rest of the song, though. haha!
Seriously, though, this dip is so good that my youngest prefers to have this served with a spoon. Not kidding!
About this Strawberry cream cheese dip
Treat your kids with this strawberry cream cheese dip. They will never know it only took you five minutes to make! This is a perfect way to change up their snacks and meals!
- This refreshing dip is made from scratch using fresh strawberries, cream cheese, and strawberry fruit spread.
- Use your favorite strawberry fruit spread.
- Fresh Strawberries Naturally sweet, these pretty, heart-shaped berries are high in vitamin C, antioxidants, vitamins, manganese, folate, fiber, and more.
- Strawberry Fruit spread Used to add natural sweetness and smooth out the texture. Using fruit-based fruit spread with little added sugar will minimize added sugars. I use Small Batch Kitchen's Balsamic Strawberry Fruit Spread (not sponsored, it's just really good!) or Trader Joe's Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread in this recipe.
- Cream Cheese Used for flavor and texture. Less-fat cream cheese and Neufchatel cheese are lower in saturated fat than regular cream cheese. All three options work well in this recipe. And, cream cheese offers about one gram of protein per tablespoon.
steps to make this strawberry cream cheese dip
Here's a quick overview of how to make this soup. For the full list of ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe.
- Using a food processor, simply blend the strawberry fruit spread, cream cheese and strawberries together.
That's it! I mean, how much easier can it get?!
- Serve this delicious dip with apple slices, strawberries, jicama sticks, cheese sticks, carrot sticks, or pretzels for dipping.
- Make mini 'tea sandwiches' for your kids by spreading a thin layer of this yummy dip on a piece of whole grain bread. Sandwich it with a layer of thinly sliced strawberries or banana and a sprinkle with hemp hearts. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces.
- Let this dip serve as a strawberry cream cheese spread and top a piece of whole grain toast with it for breakfast.
- Or, top graham cracker squares with this dip and serve it as a simple dessert.
- Give your kids some 'power' by asking them what they'd like to dip in it!
notes and tips
To increase the sweetness of this recipe, add more fruit spread, not more strawberries. Adding more strawberries will water down the dip.
To get chunks of strawberry in the dip, wait to add the strawberries. Once the cream cheese and fruit spread are blended well, add the strawberries. Then, pulse until desired consistency is reached.
questions you may have
Can I use low-fat cream cheese? Yes, as long as your kids won't mind a thinner dip.
Can I use strawberry preserves or strawberry jam instead of strawberry fruit spread? Yes, absolutely. The biggest difference between jams, jellies, and preserves is how much fruit is used to process it.
Using a thinner jam (like freezer jam) will produced a thinner dip.
Use what you have (and what your kids enjoy).
Strawberry Cream Cheese Dip
- Food processor
- 4 oz cream cheese Softened to room temperature. See notes.
- 3 tbsp strawberry fruit spread See notes.
- 5 strawberries, fresh About half of a cup, washed. Stems removed.
- Cut cream cheese into four pieces.
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processer until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated. Use within 3-4 days.